Attendance Student View

Jump to solution
Kelly1313
Community Member

I want to keep attendance but not count it toward students' grades. If not counted toward grades, can students view the daily roll call? What exactly do students see if I'm recording attendance but not counting it toward their grade?

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Kelly1313 ...

I would agree with you that the Attendance tool needs some tender loving care.  In fact, there has been a long-standing Feature Idea here in the Community about just that thing: Attendance Overhaul.  I would encourage you to visit that page and add your comments to it.  You can also give it a star rating if you want.  (By the way, this isn't the only way that Instructure gets feedback on what Canvas users want to see included in the core Canvas product.)

Also, if you find that any of the Canvas Guides have inaccuracies, you can report those directly to the Canvas Documentation Team.  They will review your suggestions and make any necessary changes.  To do this, at the bottom of any Guide (use the one that @jcarpenter1 referenced, for example), scroll to the bottom of the Guide page, and then click on the "Leave Feedback" button.  This will open up a form for you to leave a comment about the Guide you're viewing.

I hope this info will be helpful to you.  Please let Community members know if you have further questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes