Auto generated answers and scores on a quiz without students submission

Jump to solution
JayveeSimbajon
Community Member

I am a teacher and one of my colleagues experienced this glitch in canvas few hours ago.

One of our students has been graded automatically without answering the test. As what they've seen, questions were already filled with answers and has an attempt record. Does canvas encounter this problem before? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@JayveeSimbajon I have never heard of Canvas automatically answering a quiz for you but do have a few things you might look for.

I would look at the quiz log to see what the student did, for example did they at least open the quiz.  If there was a time limit, all they have to do is open the quiz and the clock would start and it would submit when the time expires.  This will also show if maybe another student was somehow logged in as that student and took it for them (won't tell you it was a different student but will show that it was in fact taken).  There was a user in this community last week talking about their students sharing their passwords to have other students take their quizzes.

How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Instructure Community

Does the student have any extensions installed (specifically for Chrome)?  There are some extensions that will pull answers from old quizzes and fill them in.  It is designed for quizzes where you have multiple attempts and it pulls the answers you got correct in the last attempt but maybe there are other extensions out there that may have filled in the answer or one that worked incorrectly.

Not sure if either of these are the magic answer but thought I would share where I would start.

Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post