Automatically Grade Missing Assignments

Jump to solution
AnnWegmann
Community Novice

I have followed all the steps listed to set a missing grade policy but not every assignment is auto graded to add zeros. Why is that? How can I ensure that ALL assignments have a zero/missing in the gradebook if a student has not turned them in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@AnnWegmann -

I believe what @TrishaMeyer1 mentioned may be your cause - or your assignments do not have a due date - or, it applies to assignments with submissions only.  As you stated you followed all of the steps in the How do I apply a missing submission policy from the instructors guide.  

The way the information is written at the top of the instructor page, it states that "A submission is labeled missing when the due date has passed and it has not been submitted".  So if you do not have a due date, then the policy will never be enforced.  As for assignments that do not require a submission, I will check that out.

I checked out the difference between an assignment with no submission vs one that required a submission.  As expected the assignment that required a submission was auto graded with 0.  If the assignment did not have a submission requirement, then it was not auto graded to 0.  So the assignment policy is exactly as stated - 0 for submissions not made.  It does not mean 0 for any assignment without a score after the due date.

Ron

View solution in original post