Awarding multiple badges in 1 module?

Jump to solution
sus_taylor25
Community Novice

HI

I am wondering if there is any way I can award multiple badges in 1 module?  For example, after competing the first 10 pages, and then another badge after the second 10 pages.  

I know a work around would be to separate them into 2 modules, by my course leader does not want to create more modules.

Thanks 

6 Solutions
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @sus_taylor25 ‌, I'm not terribly familiar with Badges - have only has a small play with Badgr. As far as I could see the badges were awarded after a completed Module. But there must be a way to award them for completing tasks within a module.

May I suggest that you join this group to get more information Badgr Users Group‌ or Gamification

View solution in original post

khammond
Partner
Partner

Thanks for the shout-out  @Bobby2 ‌! 

Hello  @sus_taylor25 ‌, 

Thanks for posing the question! Badgr only awards badges in Canvas based on module completion activities. So, yes only 1 badge per module. You can create a free Badgr account and award badges manually or in bulk via CSV upload if you want to try that route. Just keep in mind that badges awarded from the website are not displayed in Canvas courses unless you have a Badgr Pro subscription. Feel free to contact support@badgr.com if you have other questions about badging. Cheers!

0 Likes
jryter1
Community Participant

I wish they could be given if you got 80 or 90% of all activities, vs just getting one.

0 Likes

Hi  @jryter1 ‌ - If I understand your comment correctly, you can use Canvas' flexible module requirements to achieve this goal.

0 Likes
jryter1
Community Participant

OH... I will look this up. Last time I looked at Badr I thought if you completed the module you got a badge. But we were just switching from BB so it was not really a priority. Thanks so much for the advice i'll check it out.

0 Likes
VivianBenavides
Community Member
0 Likes