[BUG] Answers during the quiz different from shown answers after quiz

Jump to solution
KENNAN
Community Member

I have this bug where some of my answers while I was taking the quiz are different when I checked them at the quiz results. For example, my answer in item no. 4 is the 4th choice out of 4. But when I check the results, it says that my answer for the same item was say the 1st choice. This has already happened to me twice: the first was during my midterm exam a while back when I was perplexed as to why I got so many mistakes when I was quite sure of my answers. I pleaded to my professor to enable the showing of quiz results and I couldn't for the life of me remember picking those answers where I was mistaken. I checked my solutions which I wrote on paper and they contradict to what was allegedly my answer. Since this was the first time I encountered something like this, I decided to just leave it as some kind of silly mistake despite feeling frustrated about it. But the second time this happened is when I began to suspect something fishy is going on. It was on a very recent final exam which I took and the same thing happened! My answers were different from what was shown in the quiz results, hence I got mistakes when I shouldn't have. This time I was wary from the last incident so I decided to take a picture of my answers during the quiz before clicking the "next" button. Then as expected, some of my answers shown after taking the test was DIFFERENT from the picture I have taken!!! (see attached proof)

Now, I know you might be thinking that maybe I changed my answer at the last second before clicking next but as I've mentioned above, I was already wary of this from last time that's why I am 100% certain that it's not just human error on my part. That's why please fix this ASAP or else... I'm gonna cry out of frustration. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @KENNAN ...

That's quite strange!  I know you have spoken with your professor about this, but have you shown him/her the screenshots you've included with your question here?  Also, have you tried reaching out to the staff at the Canvas Help Desk to see if they might be able to dig a bit deeper into this issue with you?  They may be able to look at other details of your quiz to see why what you answered is not being marked as such.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)  If you talk with the Help Desk, please come back to this topic to provide an update for us...thanks!  Good luck!

View solution in original post