Block Events on Canvas Calendar

Jump to solution
kikpe
Community Member

We've started adding important dates according to the School System's calendar. I wanted to know if there was a way to create block events (range of dates for the same event) in the Canvas Calendar. I think it would look better if there a block event for an event like Winter Break instead of individual events for each day of that week.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
aabuxton
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi @kikpe

Good question and I'm happy to help answer this! 

Currently there is not a way to create block events in the Account Calendar but you can duplicate events when creating them to avoid having to manually create multiple entries for the same event being posted. This guide shares more info on this process but to do this, please follow the workflow below. 

• Click on More Details in the Calendar event you're creating
  • Check the Duplicate checkbox
  • Select how many times you want the event to repeat and the cadence (every day, once a week, etc.)
  • Click Create Event and your event will automatically be posted on your Account Calendar multiple times as individual events

If you'd like to see calendar blocking as a potential feature in the future, I recommend submitting this as an idea conversation here in the Community. 

I hope this helps and please let our teams know if we can answer additional questions.

Thanks!

Alicia

View solution in original post