Bulk edit quiz questions

Jump to solution
ChrisBingham
Community Novice

It's the end of the semester and it was only just brought to my instructor and I's attentions that the students can't see quiz questions and whether or not they got them right or wrong after the fact.  Is there a way to edit those settings in bulk? Just select all 42 quizzes and pick that button that lets them see their responses? that would save me hours of manually going through 3 windows for each assignment.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
jerry_nguyen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ChrisBingham 

It's possible to bulk change settings using REST API.  This API endpoint allows you to change the settings for "Classic Quizzes" https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/quizzes.html#method.quizzes/quizzes_api.update

You can write a program to get a list of quizzes in a course then iterate through all items and change their settings

Alternatively, if you prefer a low-code solution, please follow my instructions here to set up n8n (An open-source workflow automation tool), create a new flow then paste the attached text file to the flow.

Please note, currently, this workflow can only change settings for "Classic Quizzes". 

Feel free to PM me if you needed help setting up n8n.

View solution in original post