Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The question is: IS there a way to see long a student spends ON AN INDIVIDUAL PAGE? (For instance, I assigned 1 hour worth of lecture videos posted on one page - I can see that a student accessed that page but I can not find out if they were there lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have a script that prevents the overrriding of term dates when the adjust events and dates feature id used? Thanks, Steve Pipitone Harcum College

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I manage due dates when associating a blueprint to a course? The due dates remain the same as the blueprint even though I set a future start date for the course. Note - I'm using blueprints because new quizzes don't copy when I copy a course. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have a class with a teacher (enrolled using their email address) who logs in using their email address and password (no single sign-on configured). I would like 10 students to have access to the class without me ever knowing any of their Pe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Could I delete "type your answer..." in every blank space, and separate a question mark from the blank space? Thank you.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I check to verify when an assigment was submitted by a student

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I accidentally deleted a survey from my canvas course, which students had already filled out. I tried undeleting it according to this https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Admin-Blog/Undeleting-things-in-Canvas/ba-p/267116 but the item i need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am an instructor and I have created several courses on Canvas for my classes. Can I export those courses on my computer to use them later at another institution that uses Canvas?  Thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I edit a comment in the comment box under Grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student whose name appears as her email address in Canvas. She attempts to edit her display name in her account settings and it appears she can do that successfully, but in the course lists she continues to show up as her email address. This...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dose anyone know if Canvas has a function to allow students in different courses/sections to join the same group? If so, how? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A few of our faculty are hesitant about adopting New Quizzes at this current time (April 2022).  I want to confirm that this feature is no yet present in New Quizzes: Use case:  Professor gives a quiz and wants to delay having students see answers to...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is Canvas available in Mexico? I have an upcoming trip and have courses to complete on Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we please get rid of the hyperlinks to assignments in the To-Do List? My students do not go to and use the modules, they only access the course content from the To-Do List. So they miss out on so much important course content. I don't want every ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I archive student entries in my inbox from previous courses I have taught?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I use the Canvas Student App and have multiple users logged in, so I can manage my continuing education and keep an eye on each of my children's assignments and grades.  Lately, when I go to switch user, it will start to login, then eliminate the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to implement the same solution as RMIT? I was trying to follow on their PDF https://www.rmit.edu.au/content/dam/rmit/documents/staff-site/Learning_and_Teaching/Learning-and-Tea... , but it hasn't worked for me. Does something additiona...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi, As per subject, can we have it so that accounts "merge up" based on email address, which are kept unique? So a person who logs in with all manual, Microsoft and Google, with the same email address, all resolve to the specific, one account, that h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

forgot password. click on the forgot password but get no response.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working with a faculty member who is teaching Japanese courses and uses the SpeedGrader to provide in-line comments on student homework submissions using the Free Text Annotation function. When writing in Japanese on a computer, a small menu open...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Basically what the title says. I use Speedgrader to grade assignments. Most submissions are PDFs; a few are .txt files and a few are screenshots. I use a rubric, so the comments section on the right is way too small for me by default and I resize it ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Reasonable new with Canvas and I teach algebra, calculus and statistics etc. 1) Is it possible to setup a Quiz by student?  This could allow a Quiz to have multiple quizzes accessible via passwords. 2) Is it possible to setup a SET of questions by st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I'm new adjunct faculty and have managed to use Canvas for all elements, but I'm having a hard time with the attendance.  For the course, attendance is set at 2 points for each date of attendance and is 10% of the grade.  I don't know how to set ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am at a library and trying to login but it seems doesn't allow me to login?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to build a formula question to calculate pH. The written formula in textbooks is: pH = -log[H+] I haven't figured out how to use -log and have my variable for [H+]. I've tried the following:      -logx      -log x      -log(x)      -log[x...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

since our content is already in canvas when we see the class, where do I go to set due dates for these assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, The Canvas Guides are a fantastic resource. I work with faculty to help them work in Canvas, so they are an indispensable resource. Unfortunately, most guide pages have numerous web accessibility issues. Are there any plans for accessibility u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My external tool links are taking me to the "my content" page and not the specific gradable exercise I want the students to complete. Also, some students are getting an "access denied" message. This is new as we have been using the gradable resource ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the DocViewer that students use to complete an annotated assignment include the math editor? For example, if a math teacher uploaded a .pdf of word problems could a student respond using math symbols?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,   We are working on one lti tool where we want to fetch the information of activity status whether it is completed or in progress for the specific enrolled user for a course. I try to find for the same in the canvas forum but I didn't get an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies