Bulk upload of new student submission

Jump to solution
drcolquitt
Community Member

I'm attempting to bulk upload student submissions from another in-class learning system as a Canvas Assignment submission. My goal is to use the peer review process in Canvas to evaluate the submissions. I don't want the students to do their own uploads. My process is below.

Student completes assignment on non-Canvas system --> submissions are downloaded as individual PDFs by instructor--> PDFs are bulk uploaded into Canvas as a submission by instructor--> peer review process is initiated within Canvas --> all is right with the world.

Any ideas? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @drcolquitt,

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to do this as a single bulk acton in Canvas.  There is a way to bulk upload feedback on submissions, but that won't be compatible with peer reviews.  If your institution has the permission enabled for your role, you can use the recently released feature to submit the original papers one by one via the submit for student link.

As an alternative, you could investigate whether your other in-class system has an integration with Canvas available, which may negate the need for the manual step of getting submissions in Canvas.

I hope this info helps, even if it's not exactly what you were hoping for.

-Chris

View solution in original post