CANVAS Assignments and Quizzes Sync fine.....but the individual student grades do not sync...

Jump to solution
brian_aulisio
Community Member

I am a high school instructor.

I entered all of my students' school email addresses to CANVAS to put them into the course. They can now see the course on their CANVAS home page. Each student has an SIS ID that looks like "student_12345" with different numbers.  

All of the assignment categories from PowerTeacher Pro transferred to CANVAS correctly, in the Assignments page, each category has the little arrow next to it indicating the assignments will transfer.

Students took a few quizzes today. The due date is good.  The name of each quiz is under 30 characters.

I checked "sync with SIS" button on the edit page for each quiz.  

Went to the "Grades Page" and clicked "Sync to SIS"....

The assignments are showing up in PowerteacherPro, but the students' grades do not transfer.

The students can also see each assignment/quiz on their Powerschool gradebook, but no individual grades are posted.

Please help, syncing grades is the number one reason I use CANVAS.

Thank you, Brian

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
thovey
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@brian_aulisio 

Have you looked at a specific assignment grade in Canvas to make sure the assignment is assigned to "Everyone" and not individual users or sections? Are any of those grades waiting for submission or marked as complete/Incomplete? If you have not done so already please check out the Instructor FAQ: Canvas and PowerTeacher Grade Passback here. You may need to contact Canvas support with an example of a specific grade in Canvas that is not syncing to your sis to determine what the cause of this issue could be. 

How do I get help with Canvas as an admin? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes