CSV files

Jump to solution
Jock
Community Novice

It is written: "If you don't want to create a new CSV file, you can always download the CSV from Canvas" (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-grades-in-the-Gradebook/ta-p/807...

However when I clicked on the link, the page that appears is about exporting grades, without any CSV file for download. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Jock,

The grade export will be in CSV format, exactly the same format you need to upload for a grade import.  I think most most teachers at my institution who do gradebook imports start by doing an export, then make their changes in excel, then import the modified CSV back to the gradebook.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @Jock ...

To piggyback on what @chriscas said, I think you are misunderstanding what the Guide is telling you.  The CSV file needs to be downloaded from your course Gradebook in Canvas.  The link you found on How do I import grades in the Gradebook? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) to "download the CSV" is correct that it points to a Guide on How do I export grades in the Gradebook? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  Hope this helps to clarify things.

View solution in original post

0 Likes