Calendar Appointments

Jump to solution
hupp_34
Community Novice

I'm considering making several 15-minute calendar appointments in Canvas for my students (to sign up for Office Hours).  So, I have 3 questions. 

1) I signed up for immediate notification when someone signs up, but on a trial run with a colleague, I have not yet received a notification.  I'm worried that I won't be notified if someone signs up and wants an appointment immediately.  So, any idea of how long "immediate" notifications actually take?

2) I would like to have the appointments the same from week to week.  Is there any way to make recurring appointments or somehow duplicate them easily?  I could find how to make other types of events recurring, but it didn't seem to work for appointments.

3) I would like to have my scheduled appointments show up on the side bar of my dashboard (where it shows my upcoming events).  Is this possible?

Thanks!

Julie

1 Solution
RobDitto
Community Champion

@hupp_34 and @paula_setserkis, I'll try answering these:

1. Appointment-related notification categories are separate for teachers and students, and the name of the one for teachers implies the opposite - a longstanding pain point. As a teacher, try choosing ASAP for the Student Appointment Signups category.  *If you had that category previously set to weekly, the ASAP will activate the next week, usually by Monday.)

2. There's no recurring event capability for appointment groups currently, although it doesn't take long to schedule a series of events in a new appointment group (or to add more to an existing appointment group, accessed by Group Details on any previously created appointment.)  Consider voting or commenting on this idea conversation:
Scheduler recurring events 

3. At this time reserved appointments don't appear in a teacher's To Do list. I don't think there's a idea conversation for this currently. Message or @ me if you'd like to collaborate on a conversation!  

View solution in original post