Can I attach a document when marking an assignment

Jump to solution
DougWalker
Community Explorer

Howdy,

Is it possible to attach a document when grading an assignment?

Some of the assessment in our courses are observations of a student's practical skills. The assessment requires the assessor to complete documents and/or collect evidence to demonstrate the assessment taking place, and describe the performance of the student.

We have set up 'no submission' type assignments in our courses to record the assignments and be able to assign a grade.

I'd like our assessor to be able to attach the documents they collected that demonstrate the students performance when grading the assignment.

Is there a way to do that?

Appreciate the advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @DougWalker ...

Yes...when you set up a Canvas assignment and have it set to "No Submission", you can still go into the SpeedGrader for the assignment to provide a grade, comments, and attach feedback (such as audio/video feedback or even attach a file).  About mid-way down this Guide, it begins to show you the various ways in which you can attach feedback to your students for grading...including attaching files:

How do I leave feedback comments for student submi... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hope this will help you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes