Can I set up an assignment that no marker has access to?

Jump to solution
CCPECanvas
Community Explorer

We have just set up Turnitin as our plagiarism checker, and I have created an assignment specifically for students to get used to it and check their assignments against Turnitin (without Draft Coach) before attempting their 'live' assignments 

I would like to be able to set up this assignment in a way such that no marker has access to it ie students should know that nobody else can access their submissions. 

Using the anonymous grading feature will not really suffice as the class sizes are small and teachers/markers will work out whose submission it was.

So can I 'block' access to the assignment from teaching staff? 

The last resort would be to create a separate course for the sole purpose of doing this

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @CCPECanvas,

I think a separate Canvas course shell is going to be the only way to accomplish this.  I don't know of any way to change access for just a single assignment in a course.

Just in case anyone else finds this thread, I'll also say that when doing a Turnitin assignment like this, you need to be very careful to turn indexing off, otherwise the submissions the students make to this assignment will get added to Turnitin's database, and their 'real" assignment submissions will be flagged as 100% plagiarized.

-Chris

View solution in original post