Can't find Imported Assignments

Jump to solution
aaron_woods
Community Novice

Greetings!

My Course is underway and was copied from a standard course template. Another instructor told me some changes had been made to the course content since I had copied the course. I am attempting to copy only those assignments so as not to disrupt the current class.

I imported only the 5 or so assignments and to my understanding they should appear in the assignments section under the new group "Imported Assignments" but they are not there and neither is that group.

Where are the assignments that I imported?

1 Solution
aaron_woods
Community Novice

Greetings! 

It appears what was happening was Canvas could not differentiate between the updated and non-updated content, so it seems like it was just replacing the non-updated assignment with the same non-updated assignment. 

To get the new updated assignments, I had to import the assignments into a third course then from there import them to the course that needed the updated assignments. 

For some reason the connection between the template course and my course was not working. So going from the template to a third course then to my course made the updated assignments come through with the new pictures etc. 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post