Can we have a Rubric on Discussions where peer reviewers do not use it?

Jump to solution
cnunes
Community Explorer

I want to use a Rubric on a Discussion.  In the discussion I have peer reviews assigned so all posts to the discussion will get comments.  I just found out though that MY rubric is also a part of what the students have to fill out for me to see a "checkmark" on the peer review list that they completed the review. 

Is it possible for Canvas to develop the option of instructors checking a box on the type of peer review the students give (respond to their peer in the discussion, respond to their peer in the private comment/grade area, and then if we want free form comment or rubric in the private area -- meaning the instructor has their rubric, but it may not be appropriate for the students to use.)  I'm not sure if I am being clear, please ask for clarification if need be Smiley Happy

If I don't use peer review to match up students, how do you ensure that the last couple of posts in the discussion will get peer comments?

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

@cnunes , greetings! You are correct that if a rubric is in use, it also shows up and must be used for the peer review to be marked as done. If you’d like to recommend that this change, you’d want to create a new Idea for it in the Community in the Ideas area. That way people can vote and comment on it. 

Kona

View solution in original post