Canvas Blueprints Not Syncing To All Associated Courses

Jump to solution
CatherineLittle
Community Participant

In the past few months we have been experiencing very strange things happening with our Blueprint courses.  We have been using Blueprints for years, so I am confident this is not due to errors our instructors are making.

The latest issue is that the Blueprint will only update a few of the associated courses, but not all of them.  These are courses that have been updated by the main Blueprint course all year.  In the sync history it is showing that they have synced, but when you go into the actual pages in the course, the changes are not showing (and the page history is showing that the page has not been updated).

The other strange thing has just started happening is that all the associated courses are disappearing from the Blueprint.  This has happened across 3 different faculties over the past 2 weeks.  Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Any ideas as to why these  things are happening and suggestions as to how to prevent them from happening again are greatly welcomed.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
KristenLuke
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @CatherineLittle , 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community to discuss your question regarding syncing Blueprint course materials to associated courses. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused. Perhaps, the content was altered by the instructor in the associated course(s). Please note that content managed by an instructor is not overwritten when the Blueprint Course is synced to associated courses, and new content that is added to any associated course is also not affected by a Blueprint sync. For additional information on Blueprint syncs, please see :  How do I associate a course with a blueprint cours... - Instructure Community  . 

Regarding your question concerning associated courses disappearing from Blueprint, courses may be dissociated via a SIS import or manually. Further, because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community  . 

I hope this helps ! Again, thank you for reaching out to the Instructure Community. 

View solution in original post