Canvas Clever Duplicate Accounts

Jump to solution
cm_curley
Community Member

We use Clever as our SSO and Rostering for Canvas. 

Recently, we've run into an issue where if an already established user tries to access Canvas from Clever, it just goes in a loop and keeps returning them to the same screen. 

If we turn on Just in Time provisioning, it allows them in but it makes a new account for the teacher that is not associated with any enrollments. 

When I try viewing the Login Logs with Clever, nothing shows up. When I trouble shoot the user in Clever they say its Canvas' fault. I've gotten no where with support.

Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @cm_curley 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with Clever and Canvas integrations. The behavior  you've explained is certainly abnormal. As long as the SSO has been  set up  correctly, you shouldn't be  experiencing these issues.  Does this affect everyone or a small number of people? It would probably be best if you opened a case with Canvas Support if you've already spoken with Clever to no avail.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post