Canvas Loading

Jump to solution
arami364
Community Novice

Hello, I was just trying to check if I can get help with my my Canvas account isn't loading and showing my classes on my dashboard. 

Thank you! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@arami364 Welcome to the Canvas community.  There are two main causes for this.  First, you want to make sure you are using an up-to-date browser to access Canvas. I highly recommend Chrome or FireFox.  Here is a list of the current supported browsers (although Safari is listed, I would NOT recommend using it).

What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products? 

If you are already using Chrome, sometimes you need to clear the cache and this fixes the issue.  Here are the steps to clear your cache (note that this removes any saved passwords so make sure you know your passwords!)

How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? 

How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? 

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @arami364 ...

The first thing to check in Canvas is to click on "Courses" >> "All Courses".  On the "All Courses" screen in Canvas, do you see your courses listed there?  If the courses are listed there, they may not be published (look at the far right column).  If a course is not published, then it means your instructor has not yet given you and your classmates access to the course yet.  The instructor needs to publish the course in order for all of you to get access.  However, if you do not see your courses listed on the "All Courses" screen, then you will need to reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education department.  They should be able to help you with your enrollments or point you to someone at your school who can assist with this.  I took a few minutes to browse the University of California, Riverside's website, and I found this page which seems to have some troubleshooting/contact information, and hopefully it will be of help to you:

Welcome to Your New Website! | Elearn (ucr.edu)

Keep us posted here in the Community ... thanks!

View solution in original post