Canvas Quizzes: Correct answers visible AFTER due date has passed

Jump to solution
DrHope
Community Member

I want to let my students see the correct answers for a quiz after it is due and no longer available for them to attempt. I do want them to see the answers eventually for learning purposes, but I give them unlimited attempts and they can use their books and notes, so I don't want them to see their own answers while taking the test because they'll see the incorrect answers and simply go back and change them (especially for T/F questions). Is it possible to retroactively edit a test to make the answers available after it's closed? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@DrHope -

Are you using classic quizzes or new quizzes? new quizzes has the build button that you use to create the quiz.

With classic quizzes, it is not problem - you can leave settings so that students cannot see the answers, and then after the quiz is over, you can change the settings so that they can see the answers.  There is also the option to set a date when the answers become available - I do not use that feature, I just go back in and edit the quiz.

Instructions for classic quiz settings is here

For New Quizzes you have to select the restrict student result view.  Information on that option and how to access it is in 
the instructor guide page How do I manage settings  in a quiz in New quizzes

Ron

View solution in original post