Canvas and Google Doc collaboration

Jump to solution
amaouyo
Community Novice

Hello, I am a student at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary. When a professor or colleague creates a shared document using Google Docs, Canvas apparently signs me up using my GCTS email address. I already have two other accounts with Google docs (a work email and a gmail address) and I don't really want to add a third one... it's already confusing with two! How can I get Canvas to include my gmail address on the collaboration list when a shared document is created for a GCTS class, so that it shows up as being "Shared with me" in Google Drive?

0 Likes
1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Ann,

If your School gives you a school issued email address they may wish for you to use that over your other email addresses. I seem to recall that once the accounts are linked, only Canvas Support (available via the help menu) can unlink them to re-sign you in.

This very well may have happened the first time when you were already signed in using your GCTS email account on Google and when you pressed the Authorize button, it linked to that account.

I would first recommend checking with your school's IT support at https://gordonconwell.edu/technology-services/ on what their policies are for linking to a non GCTS account and then if they are OK with it, contact Canvas Support to ask to break the link so you can re-link to a different Google account.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions and I know the community will be happy to help out!

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Likes