Canvas and MAC laptop

Jump to solution
AmyBedoy
Community Member

I just bought a new Mac Laptop, and I see my UCR canvas but It says " the content opened in a new window". However, there is not other window opened. I am using chrome browser.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
darkwater4213
Community Member
If you could give us the data from Chrome's versions page (chrome://version) and your pertinent system information (OS versions, what chip your mac has, etc.), that'd really help. Until then... it's doubtful that anyone can help you.

If you were to ask me, I would probably say something along the lines of, "some other people seem to be having similar problems, but I can't really tell if your problem and the others' problems are related because I don't have enough information."

But, as always, here's your basic troubleshooting: Try refreshing the page (cmd+r). If that doesn't work, try hard refreshing the page (cmd+shift+R). If that doesn't work, restart Chrome. If that doesn't work, try logging out of your Mac (Shift-Cmd-Q). If that doesn't work, try restarting you Mac. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Chrome (and possibly restarting your Mac again). If the problem still persists, it's probably a problem with Canvas or you might have some malware stuck in your system. Kind of a fifty-fifty chance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AmyBedoy,

I came across this question while doing a cleanup of the community.

In addition to the info @darkwater4213 provided earlier, I suspect Chrome may be blocking things form opening in new windows/tabs.  You should configure Chrome to allow popups from Canvas, and I think that will likely solve the problem.

-Chris

View solution in original post