Canvas and azure lab services integration issue

Jump to solution
MATEENPADELA
Community Novice

We have followed the initial setup steps provided in the documentation, including enabling the inherited developer key in Canvas. However, we are encountering difficulties in locating the specific configuration details required to complete the setup.

We have referred to the Azure Lab Services documentation and the Canvas integration guide, but the specific details on the redirect URI were not clearly outlined.

Here is what we have done so far:

1. Attempted to add the Azure Lab Services app to a Canvas course using the provided client ID (170000000000711), but encountered an error "could not find an LTI configuration for client id 170000000000711"

As the developer key doesnt exist in canvas and i dont know how to create it, I am stuck and lost

any assistance would be appreciated

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @MATEENPADELA,

I'd check that you enabled the correct inherited key (the id should match what you posted here), and that you have that key enabled from an account the course you're working in falls under (it's an easy mistake to enable the key on the wrong account/subaccount).  Aside from that, I've never encountered errors with any of the inherited developer keys, and there shouldn't be any extra steps to get them to work other enabling them, then installing them by client_id in the right context from the apps area.

Hope this info helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post