Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I change the school on canvas? I am attending lac but it displays piece college?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is the second time since last week after noon time I am unable to open student assignments via speed grader.Is there any reason for it?

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I respond to a student that responded to another student in the redesign and how to I get the black dots to change automatically after I read replies? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I need to pull students photos from Canvas in order to create a sign in page for a program I am running. Every time I go into their profile and try and copy or save the photo, it either saves a grey avatar or it saves the entire page. Is there ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to learn how to import new users via CSV. We do not use an SIS. After I import them as users, I will be adding them to a course as students. When I try uploading a test users CSV, Canvas tells me that the import has been successful, with n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are all Teacher and TA users automatically assigned to all of the Groups created? More specifically, if I wanted to post an announcement to an assigned group, would all Teacher and TA roles get that notification every time?My team is changing to Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I view quiz submissions of second attempt as the teacher if the course already concluded?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need instructions on how to accept canvas, can you help?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello, in the canvas quiz something happening, i can not put in the asnwer right, it was loockt. something was wrong whit canvas in the moment.i tried, and when my task comes back, i see that was right answer from me i put in, but i get wrong in cred...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to locate Modules? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There must be a better way! I've been tinkering with enhanceable content tabs all afternoon and just cannot get them to work right.Question 1:In this post, @john_torrent was able to get the tabs on the bottom. It looks like he just moved the #fragmen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The backticks to mark a blank in a question doesn't work for multiple characters, like asterisks or brackets. I'm working on fill-in-the-blank questions for a computer programming course and the inability to use those characters make fill-in-the-blan...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

If the placement of the highlighter tool in Speedgrader was moved to the right of the page under the "Highlight Annotation" button it would make it much faster to change colors. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to duplicate a question in a different form.For example duplicating a multiple choice question into a numerical category? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am curious if anyone attempted to use the What-if feature on publisher assignments like Cengage, MH, and etc. I have a student attempting to enter score for a MH assignment, but can't.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I access my assignments

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am registeref for CSC 110.  does that course come with microsoft office 365 enabled for this course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Canvas Guide "What is the Observer Role?" there is a reference to observers that are assigned at the account level. I work with a Competency-Based Higher Education Program in which students have mentors that follow them throughout the program....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I'm trying to configure Canvas to select the greatest grade, among several tests, as the final student score. Is it possible? For example:Student 1Test1: 70Test2: 60Test3: 85I want Student 1 final score to be 85. Thks,Gerson Bronstein

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using the Edit Assignment Dates page to do quick updates to all of my assignments, but when I set the time, it reverts ot 11:59 pm.  If I go back in and set the time a second time, it seems to save.  But if I then save my changes and to to the a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I can't login canvas in chrome. but I also connect on my phone. but the reason is chrome showing me that is invalid. but when i try on my phone its just log in normally. i can't access my id on pc   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have set up external apps. Next, we created a module in which there are several launches of LTI to certain courses, in the URL of which a parameter is added to identify the required course on the server. Before sending the request, encryption occu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The assignments for one of my classes aren't showing in the calendar like others. Is this at the discretion of the instructor? If so, how do I add the assignments to the calendar under that class and not my personal calendar.?  Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,How do I change the email address used for my log in credentials?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to run your Canvas videos within multiple iPads using multiple browsers (google chrome, safari). Cleared cache.  All it does is churn and churn and churn.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone help me today? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

\(v_0=\sqrt{0-\left(2\right)\left(-7.5\right)\left(\frac{m}{s^2}\right)\left(60\right)\left(m\right)}\)   I'd like to have the 7.5 and 60 become fill-in-the-blank. However, adding the ticks causes the code to show rather than the equation. This pro...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once upon a time, I could change how much each individual quiz question in Classic Quiz was worth, but now when I try to add or edit a question, it does not show the option to do so on the right as it once did, but rather automatically assigns it 1 p...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,I am a student and need to upload my assignments in word document form (.doc not .docx). Usually at the top of the assignment it states the submission type as doc, but the assignment I am incurring an issue with has it listed as "word". I have ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see BigBlueButton, not Zoom. How to I get Zoom into Canvas?Thanks!Ouattara

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies