Canvas and links within Articulate Rise modules

Jump to solution
AnFra
Community Member

When working with multiple sections of the same course, we created "course shells" within Canvas for each course and only gave access to the subject matter expert (who was not the same as the faculty/instructor). We only created one weekly Rise module for each course and then uploaded it to the Canvas "course shell". Then a coordinator would copy the "course shell" contents to a Canvas course site for each section and only grant access to the faculty/instructor for that section. Within the Rise module, we had links to activities that were saved in the Files of the Canvas "course shell." When the faculty/instructor tries to access the links to Canvas files within the Rise course, they receive a message "Access Denied". They can view the Rise modules, but they are unable to open the links within the Rise module. The Rise modules are uploaded to the Canvas "course shell" using SCORM if that matters. Has anyone experienced this? How did you resolve it? Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
RobHughes
Community Explorer

Hello, 
When you hover over the links, does the url point to the current section's files area, or a different place?  We had an issue where files stored in the main course would copy over, but they were linking back to the original.  From an admin point of view nothing looked wrong, it wasn't until I went into the HTML in the RCE that I saw links were pointing to previous sections and then just updated the URL as needed.  I am not sure if this is the same thing you are running into.

We use Rise for modules and each module has a presentation between 20-60 slides with activities and the like for our students to use to study and learn.  However, nothing is graded in our SCORM packages, and all links are to files within our organization stored on Sharepoint or external links.  

What type of activities are the Rise links trying to open?

View solution in original post