Canvas groups

Jump to solution
SarahClark47
Community Member

My instructor added me to a group but the semester is now over and I no longer want to group showing up on my dashboard.  How do I remove it?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SarahClark47 ...

You would either need to ask your instructor to remove you from those groups, or ask your school's Canvas administrator to remove you from those groups.  However, there may be reasons why you need to be kept in those groups...even after the semester has concluded.  That would be a decision up to your instructor/school, however.  Hopefully you'll be able to get in touch with your instructor soon about this.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SarahClark47 ,

On top of what @Chris_Hofer  said about you still being in those groups for a good reason, once your school concludes a course, or concludes/deletes your enrollment from those courses, you will automatically be removed from the groups.

Some schools have it set up where certain canvas courses are still available after the semester/school year ends for a specific period of time before all enrollments within that course are concluded.

If they are student groups, and you freely joined those groups, you can leave those groups. To do this, open the course, select the 'People' link (if it is enabled by your instructor), click 'Groups' at the top of the page, then click the leave button. If you were manually added by your teacher or another user, you are unable to do that.

Hope that helps out a little too, but I think Chris covered everything.
Noah

View solution in original post