Change Appearance of CANVAS

Jump to solution
dickey05
Community Member

Is there a way to get rid of the white background in CANVAS?  It is causing visual problems for me.  I have checked the settings and have only been able to change the contracts.  Turning on this feature affects the navigation pane only.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @dickey05 ...

Unfortunately, there are no option currently built in to Canvas that allow for you to change the background color of Canvas.  However, there has been a pretty popular feature request here in the Canvas Community for Instructure to implement a "dark mode".  Dark Theme/Dark Mode for Canvas - Page 9 - Canvas Community  As you can see from this Feature Idea, it's a pretty popular request.  So, I would encourage you to review the Feature Idea, give it a star rating, and also post a comment to that thread letting Instructure software engineers know why something like this would be important to you in Canvas.  (You could even paste in your question you asked here to that topic.)

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope it has helped to answer your question.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post