Change Date Shown in Module List

Jump to solution
pkimes
Community Member

The Modules list shows the DUE DATE for an assignment under the assignment title (next to the point value).  Is there away to change that to show the ASSIGNED date? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @pkimes 

That date displayed in the module is generated from the settings in the assignment - specifically the Due Date setting. Canvas does not have a feature (or setting) for "Assigned Date", so this would not be possible. I recognize that for K-12 users there is a strong desire for Canvas to include an "Assigned Date". I work in higher ed.; and so, do not understand this mind-set, because my courses are built before the term starts, and all my graded content is assigned the day the term starts. That's okay, though - different strokes and all that jazz!

This Canvas Community has a space designated for recommendations for new or improved functionality called Idea Conversations. In Idea Conversations I found an idea that is just what you are asking, or at least the part about including an Assigned to Date.  Check it out, add your own comments and uses case scenarios to the discussion, then rate the idea if you approve.

In the meantime, there is an easy work-round. Simply include your "Assigned Date" in the title of the assignment.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post