Changing Default Course Font

Jump to solution
JenniferFavoros
Community Explorer

Hi! I have a teacher who wants to use "georgia" as the default font for his course. However, I am not sure how to help him. Is this possible If so, how?! I do not want to change the font for the entire school, just this teacher. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JenniferFavoros ...

Is this teacher only wanting the font to change in Canvas (and not other websites)?  If this teacher would be ok with having the font change in Canvas and possibly other websites, have you considered setting the fonts in the browser "Settings" page?  This way, you wouldn't have to change anything on the Canvas side.  For example, in my Edge browser (Windows 11 laptop), I can click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of my browser, and then I select "Settings".  Then, on the screen that appears, I select "Appearance" on the left hand side, and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen.  There is a section on "Fonts".  I can click on "Customize fonts".  I see the following...keeping in mind the note I've circled in yellow:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 095833.jpg

I'm not sure if this might be a solution for your teacher, but it might be something for him to consider or look into.  I imagine that the Chrome and FIrefox browsers have similar preference settings.

I hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post