Transferred Student's Grades

Jump to solution
ptrentham
Community Member

Student A was enrolled in my Honors Gov't course in Canvas.  They completed several assignments/quizzes.  They requested to be transferred to my regular Gov't course in Canvas.  That was done, but their grades did not transfer.  They are not viewable in the old Honors course as well.  Grades are updated overnight in our system's SIS, so I don't have access to the student's past grades there either.  I should have recorded all of them to transfer over.  Is there a way to recover these grades?  

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @ptrentham ...

If you re-enroll the student in your Honors course, the grades for that student should re-appear back in your "Grades" page so that you could export that data to an Excel *.csv file.  Just make sure to drop the student from the Honors course once you are done so that he/she doesn't have access to both courses...if that is what is intended.  If you are not able to re-enroll the student in the Honors course, you will need to speak with your school's Canvas administrator to take care of this for you.

I hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post