Changing the text that appears to students in Post First discussion

Jump to solution
PhyliseBanner
Community Member

Reaching out to see if there's a way to change the text that students see when posting in a discussion set to "Users must post first before seeing replies". Now the students see this:

• You must post first before seeing replies. 

Is this something that we can change/edit?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @PhyliseBanner ...

There isn't any kind of setting in Canvas that I am aware of that would let you change this wording for discussion topics.  And, I also don't know if it is possible to change this programmatically via your Canvas administrator(s).  I don't know if the Canvas code could be modified or if there could be any custom JavaScript or CSS code that could be added at the global Canvas account level that would modify that wording.  Keep in mind that if you are asking about doing this in your own course, then those modifications would also carry over into other courses that you aren't teaching.  Other instructors might not want the wording that you are looking to change.  This all would need to be a conversation you'd need to have with your school's Canvas admin or someone from your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team.

I hope this will be of some help.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes