Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am confused where can I start OSE?  I did sign up for it.  I could not find OSE as online class from Santa Rosa Junior College.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I export my course to ePub, I notice that the LaTex that appears rendered in a browser is  rendered in the ePub viewed with APPLE Books. Whe the ePub is converted to PDF (giving a compression of 12/200) with https://www.freepdfconvert.com/  , th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We recently implemented the brand new Microsoft Onedrive LTI into our Canvas LMS.Everything seems to work fine, however the behaviour is very different than before.This is what we notice:- when a teacher adds a file from his/her Onedrive into a cours...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I use image float left and right often but cannot stop the floating function so that material I do not want to float moves up beside the image. I need to be able to limit what floats around the image? I have tried this: <div class="blue clearfix"> bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's not letting me take the test.  It states my browser is Chrome 95.  But it is Chrome 102.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to display ALL grades as percentages without making that setting individually? The latter method is quite tedious.Thanks, FB

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I lock ANNOUNCEMENTS?Frederick Berry

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I eliminate reminder announcements that  set up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning,I dont have an admin button on the left hand menu - i have tried following the videos but they all show the admin button present.  I dont have it - can some one help please?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have many groups with my current courses and they are titled similarly. Is there a way to change their colors and nicknames like you can with the course cards?Additionally, is there a way to automatically add group assignments to your calendar so t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to control the order of the threads in the discussion board. I see how to sort from newest or oldest, but how can I create a custom order? Thanks in advance.Side question - I really only want to be able to tag people in discussions - do I have...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I am a student and when I open lockdown browser it says that canvas isnt compatible with my browser but when I exit lockdown browser It says my chrome is up to date so there must be somwthing wrong with lockdown browser. I tried updating the br...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not see the ability in the Edit menu for my external app tool to change the configuration URL. The tool provider has since changed the URL for their config XML. Will I have to re-install the tool?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am not sure if this is a question that has been answered before or is addressed somewhere else- but are we offered a premium Grammarly account through Liberty? At both of my previous schools, we were given premium access from the school. I u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an attendance Column

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I set "receiving feedback" as a condition for the student to keep going to the next assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How i to create a new class, for practice design?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm making the switch from Classic to New Quizzes.  I am teaching an online course that uses daily quizzes. I would like to program each quiz so that students get to see their quiz results -- that is, get to see the questions' text, their chosen answ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have used Canvas Teacher for months on my Android phone without issues. During the past 24 hours, I try to look at student work to grade it, and the application completely freezes, devoid of navigation ability. I have to cancel the application and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas newbie but I know what I am asking was possible in my previous gradebook (from Haiku/ PowerSchool Learning) so I am hoping there is a way to do this in Canvas as well.I give a weekly class participation grade which I might or might not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to attempt to enable course navigation links such as the syllabus. How do I do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I assign groups to submit a discussion and then have the same groups do a peer review of two of the other groups.  I tried to set this up and the groups could ONLY see their own submissions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope to clearly explain the need to improve the available reports in New Quizzes, and request that all reports include a data export option. New Quizzes has two out of the three report options that are available in Classic Quizzes. The available re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi!So i have a case where i need to manually create about 100 courses and then add one teacher to each course. So i decided to do it via the REST-API using a python script.Currently i have made the part of the python script that creates the courses b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi,The issue is, I have a video file that I have uploaded on Canvas LMS.But I don’t want the student to download the video file.They just have to view the video and move to the next module.Can you please, help me with this? Thanks,Toheed Gillani

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

hi iam having problem with submiting my english biography assignment. i can not find the portal. please help as soon as possible because the deadline is today.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am not able to see my courses and the error pops about updating the canvas. Can you please help me with this issue? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELP!! I am syncing grades from Canvas to Synergy (SIS) and the missing comment will not transfer over. I have already turned on the "automatically apply grade for missing submissions" button and it is not helping. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import test scores to gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies