Checking assignments

Jump to solution
TahmidKatebi
Community Novice

Hi,

I am having trouble checking my missing assignments. The bell icon used get updated if I miss or submit a missing assignment. However, now it's just stuck to 4 missing assignments and does not refresh even if I submit one of the missing assignments or miss another different assignment. The feature was helpful to quickly check what I need to catch up on but now the glitch is troubling me. Please let me know how I can fix this glitch. (I tried refreshing, closing and re-opening tab, logging out and logging back in. None of them worked)

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @TahmidKatebi 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your dashboard notifications. The bubble or notification you are talking about should be updated after you submit an assignment. Similarly to how it should disappear from your to-do list. If you still cannot get rid of the bubble and notification for missing assignments, it may be your browser itself. We suggest clearing the cache and cookies. Have you checked it on another browser? 

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you have more questions regarding this issue(s) please feel free to respond with descriptive information as to give us a clear insight into the problem.

If you still can't get rid of the issue, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767  

View solution in original post