cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuinstrj

Classic Quiz conversion

Jump to solution

Is there a way to convert quizzes from "classic" to "new" so students can easily access them while using the respondus lockdown browser?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tuinstrj

Hi

Thanks!  I've found that chromebooks are not fully compatible with respondus and students with those devices were having problems accessing quizzes.  So, I thought if there was a way to convert "classic" quizzes to "new," those students might be able to access quizzes successfully.

Thanks again,

-jt

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

LockDown Browser is compatible with both "classic" and "new" quizzes.  For "classic" quizzes, students have to log in with LockDown Browser in place of their regular web browser.  

For "new" quizzes, the student must be logged in with a regular web browser, and LockDown Browser is launched when they start the quiz.

tuinstrj

Hi

Thanks!  I've found that chromebooks are not fully compatible with respondus and students with those devices were having problems accessing quizzes.  So, I thought if there was a way to convert "classic" quizzes to "new," those students might be able to access quizzes successfully.

Thanks again,

-jt

Hi @tuinstrj ...

To answer your question about migrating Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes... yes, there is a way to do this in Canvas.  How do I migrate a Canvas quiz to New Quizzes? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  There is also some information that was released at the end of last year that you might be interested in reading: Beta Release Notes: New Quizzes Migration (2021-12... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  With all this being said, I believe the information you received from @mzimmerman would still apply.

Hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

Is there some specific problem that you are seeing with LockDown Browser on Chromebook?

JessicaJones22
Community Member

I appreciate your reply here. Thank you so much OP for adding your helpful reply. 

0 Kudos
JessicaJones22
Community Member

I appreciate your reply here. Thank you so much OP for adding your helpful reply. 

0 Kudos