Closing quiz while allowing students to still see questions & answers

Jump to solution
LAS108
Community Member

User role: instructor

I understand that I can use the "Due Date" or "Available until" option to show a deadline for a quiz. I'd like students to complete quizzes before a specific time but to still be able to see the quiz question and answers. I do NOT want students to be able to complete the quiz after the due date. In other words, no late submissions, but the quiz could be available as a study guide.

I've searched the Guides. Would the following achieve this?

1) Selecting the box "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses" in Quiz Details

and

2) Entering the time and date in the "Due" box?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@LAS108 -

Yes you are correct in the information you found.  Kudos to you for finding the solution and verifying it is what you think it is.

Following is for classic quizzes:  One thing to keep in mind - I believe that clicking on the box to allow students to see their answers so that you can select when the answers are posted, allows students to see their answers after submitting the quiz.  What I do is wait until after the until date (which keeps students from taking the quiz after the due date - I set the two dates to the same time frame), and then go back and select the let students see their answer and then the let students see the answers and I do not have to supply a date for when the answers are visible

View solution in original post