Color code individual assignment grades

Jump to solution
JamesMeindl
Community Member

I would like to have individual assignment grades shaded in the gradebook.  For example, grades in the 80% range might be yellow whereas grades in the 90% range might be green.  I need a way of visually gauging how students are performing.  My gradebook now is a page of percentages which makes detecting patterns in grades difficult.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@JamesMeindl 

I do not think that is currently possible.  There may be chrome extension that someone has created to do that (although I have not seen it - or recall seeing it).

it would be a good feature request, and I would think that they could add the color selection into the grading scheme creation area (similar to what they have done with the grade book status of submissions).  Or for that matter put it in the same area with the grade book submission status coloration.

One thing that Canvas may counter with is that you can sort based on grade from high to low or low to high on any entry in the gradebook and that you could use that for what you want.

I agree that coloring would be beneficial at times.  I would actually leave coloration off for what you had as green and just color the middle and low grades (hopefully a lot less color to see).  One other issue would be the conflict with the submission status coloring and the grade coloring.  

View solution in original post