Comments in Gradebook

Jump to solution
blangston
Community Participant

When will Canvas create an indicator in the grade book that will let teachers know they made a comment on a student's assignment. For instance, I made a comment on an assignment but when I look at the grade book later all I see are cells with numbers, it would be nice if there was an icon like a triangle in the corner of the cell indicating I made a comment on that particular assignment. I get the cells change color for late, missing, excused, etc. but a visible indicator for comments at first glance of the entire grade book would save so much time for teachers.  I tried attaching an image to show a zero recorded for a student and comments made that because the student was counted truant a zero was recorded. Here is where the icon a triangle maybe in the top left or right corner of the cell indicating comments would be helpful. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

@blangston ...

You may have already done this, but if you go to this page:

...you can click on the "View and Submit Ideas" button.  This will take you to the following page:

Here, you will find a "Submit an Idea" button where you can fill out the necessary information for your idea to be considered.

I understand that you may want to pass your information on to your technology department.  I've had those experiences myself when I worked as a Canvas admin in higher education.  I would argue, though, that Instructure also wants to hear directly from you, the instructor.  As an instructor, you have first-hand experience on what possible difficulties you are experiencing in Canvas, and you can give "real world" examples of why things could be better.  While someone from your technology department could certainly submit an idea on your behalf, they may miss critical information that would help Canvas engineers know why a new feature would be important to you.  I'd encourage you to take a few minutes to submit an idea here in the Community...if one doesn't already exist that may already meet your needs.

Hope this will help a bit.  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes