Course Rejections

Jump to solution
mtomlinson1
Community Participant

Is there a way to tell if students have rejected an invitation to a course?  I've read some older questions on this forum (2018) that said there used to be a report that would show this, but I can't find the buttons they referced and I can't find anymore recent information.  Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mtomlinson1 

If you are an admin with the appropriate permissions you could do the following:

• If auditing a few specific users, you could go to the admin account and click People and search for them.  Going to the user, you can view their enrollments.  You will want to look for enrollments that have a state of "Rejected" How do I view the enrollments for a user in an account? 
  • If you want to audit rejected enrollments across all courses for a term and/or sub-account, you can use the Enrollments provisioning report.  You will want to go to the admin account you want to check, and then go to Settings.  Go to the Reports tab and select the Provisioning report.  You can set the term and then select the Enrollments report.  When the report finishes, you can download it and look for those with a status of "rejected" Canvas Default Account Reports 

If you want to look for rejected enrollments in a specific course, as an admin with the appropriate permissions, or a teacher, you could also use the Canvas API.  List enrollments is the endpoint you would want to use and you can set the "state[]" request parameter to "rejected" to only get the rejected enrollments.

View solution in original post