Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi everyone,I am no longer able to see my class listed on dashboard. It currently says that I am not registered for any courses, since I have not registered for Spring yet. However, I did not know that registering for upcoming semesters would affect ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For the Peer Review function, I used to be able to see the assessment by one student, but it is no longer available now. I am setting one assignment be reviewed by 2 students and giving review anonymously. If I use Speed grader, on student A's page, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to embed Articulate Storyline files into a course?Or is there any software that is compatible, such as Captivate etc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have developed a course that issues a certificate of completion when course requirements are met. My colleague who created this course is unavailable in the near future, but I have been asked to generate a list of who has met the course requiremen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When copying course content to a new course year/semester, is there a way to do it without it publishing everything?  I find it laborious and irritating that you have to go through and click "unpublish" for every item when a course is copied.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good morning,Is there a video tutorial available that shows how best to navigate around in the Observer view? I would love to share a video like this (if one is out there) with the parents I work with.Thank you so much and I hope you have a great day...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have an HTML file for an image slider (that references CSS and JavaScript contained within the same folder) that I've uploaded to the Files section of my course and embedded in an iframe on a page. It all looks fine in the browser (on comput...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are there different "assignment" columns in my gradebook? There are five separate columns.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enter my grades for my class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Turn off and choose notifications for entire instance/all users as admin?As the title says, we need to controll what notifications gets sent to the end user to create a better UX for end users. As well as not give more information than necessary.How ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I enable  "use rubrics for grading" after I have graded all the assignments? Will the content be deleted or changed?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas graded survey sending out emailsEvery students that finishes a graded survey automatically gets an email saying that their survey has been graded. This is disruptive and we need to turn off this feature. As this is the only way "realiable" way...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, for a certain course the option for students to be able to view the module after it has ended is turned on. However they cannot see it. A temporary solution I have tried is putting the course down as a semester course so students can see it for l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I allow students to comment on an announcement? I do not have the "allow students to comment" box to check when creating my announcement. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can not access the modules or any links within Canvas. Please advise 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Is there a way to limit a number users  to role role.Example, we have a Course Coordinator role , the Course Coordinator role staff  has permission to add another staff as Course Coordinator, for effective governance of course, we want to ensure n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For the sake of reducing potential timeouts, what is the recommended maximum number of students starting a quiz, classic or new, at the same time?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I am grading an individual student's discussion posts in SpeedGrader, I would like to do two things: first, be able to click on a particular post and see it in the context of the overall discussion (for example, to see what post the poster is re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do assignments receive different weightings? Do the points in assignments refer to the overall weight given the assignment.I have trouble understanding if the program does a very simple grading scheme- I give a letter grade to an assignment (in g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We've been using Canvas since July of 2017 and ever since then we continually get reports from our students that they've posted something in a discussion thread and it is now missing. It doesn't matter if they reply to the main topic or another perso...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone,Are there are market tools or plug-ins that can be integrated with Canvas to improve/enhance the teaching and learning experience. We have already integrated some tools like Teams, Blackboard Ally, Vevox, Panopto etc. but are interested i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm currently trying to create a Canvas module for my university which will cover sensitive topics during the live sessions. We are hoping to stimulate online group discussion pre and post session which would be beneficial to the course. Given...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it that when I create on BigBlueButton-Conference from the calendar, all participants are locked, that is, they cannot use their microphone and write in the chat. I can unlock them manually, but the default is locked. When I create the BigBlue...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am a student recording final exams online. I have spent hours recording on Canvas' media recorder. After I record, I am stuck at the save or restart screen. My wifi is working, my connection is good, and everything should be working... but it w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student utililzing Python to gather my grades and put them on a chart. I am curious if there was a way for me to get my total grade for a course through the Python APISo far, through the canvasapi library, I am able to access a course, but do ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can a New Quiz be set up as an anonymous survey?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A few of my assignments are not fully syncing to skyward. For example, one of my classes has the assignment and grade, but another one of my classes only the assignment is appearing with asterisks for all the grades even though they have grades in Ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So here I am trying to create a rubric for an assignment, and twice I have forgotten the extra, added step of "updating the rubric" at the bottom of the screen. Twice, I have lost all of my work. Twice, I have been left frustrated.Why can't the rubri...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I've had an issue that is driving me bonkers. I have created some assignments that are set up as text entry only. Students were instructed (as clearly and completely as I could manage) to either type their answers directly in the text box OR they cou...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies