Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

As a Canvas Admin in a grade 6-12 (Secondary) school, I would like to run a report showing the outcomes that have been aligned to rubrics in specific courses. Please help.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

why there is no zoom link on canvas? Also, why there is no tech support for student on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know of a way I could give students a question where they had to plot their answers on a number line? I am a math teacher giving a test in New Quizzes.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings:I am trying to embed Microsoft Teams Meeting into my Canvas( Free for Teacher) courses.  I have installed the Office 365 App, but when I go External APPS, View APP Configurations the option for Microsoft Teams Meetings has a padlock icon to...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't access my test even after I have downloaded the Lockdown browser. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like one of my students to be able to return to a concluded course they recently completed to be able to read comments that were left for them under one of their discussion activities. However, whenever they try to access the course (which co...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To add to this question, How do you create a multiple choice question where the instructor is able to mark all of the answers as correct.  The student then is able to select just one answer and receive full credit OR they can answer whichever respons...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I noticed when I tried to do a canvas course export my rubrics did not transfer. Is there a way to export the rubrics that I have created? I have already done a canvas export package. The assignment is there but no rubric.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to know about this boy in my class i would like to give him a note is there anyway to see there frist and last name in canvic somehow

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I rely on text-to-speech when composing student comments. One of the most useful features is the ability to speak the name of a punctuation mark, and have it appear. This feature has not worked for several weeks, regardless of what computer I'm using...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are in the process of transitioning to Canvas and are currently training our faculty. Since we began, several push notifications are now "unsupported". Has this been a recent change? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a question asked of me by the faculty.  Is there a way within Canvas to assign students to their degree advisors?  The purpose of the question was to allow the advisor to check the student's grades without giving the advisor access to grades fr...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have been using Canvas for several weeks fine and now my videos are buffering.  I use Chrome and it is the latest version.  How do I fix this? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For two years now, I have copied my courses from semester to semester and everything has worked fine.  This semester, I copied all my different courses (everything) from last semester to this semester and all of my links in "pages" for all of my clas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiWe are based in Sweden and have set our default language to Swedish.We are about to start a course where the students speak Spanish. Is there any way we can make sure they see a Spanish login page the first time they try to log in?RegardsTim Little...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I have an assignment group that contains a handful of assignments all worth the same amount of points. I have added a rule to drop the 2 lowest assignments. I have given 1 assignment so far from this group, which a few students did not turn in. I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Aside from using assignments set to each individual student, is there any way to create a page that is unique to each student in a course? What I'm aiming to do is create a unique page for each user in the course which will display information specif...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Sorry if the subject is potentially confusing. Essentially what I am looking to do is integrate Qualtrics surveys as assignments in a Canvas course, which I have already done, but have Canvas share the users name or some kind of identifier with Qualt...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!Here is the scenario: We want to be able to import all students or teachers to a subject and also give them the fitting roles. You can see what role they have by looking at the username structure. Our teacher has a logon name which consists of ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to delete all (passed) assignments submitted by students without removing the assignment itself?The reason I'm asking is because universities in my country (Sweden) are required to provide any past exams - and submitted responses - if ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Online radio is a fun and exciting way to listen to music from different countries and genres. It offers many benefits, such as free access, flexibility, and the ability to listen on the go. There are many ways to listen to internet radio, including ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the medieval era, songtexte was a primary feature of a good tune. Today, it is more of a bonus than a requirement. Songtexte übersetzen is often used to enhance the experience at shows, and can be found in the iTunes library for promotional purpos...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having a problem swapping out new images in my class, from an imported past class. I've never had this trouble before. Our 'canvas guys' at the school CAN delete the pages for me, but haven't come up with any reason or solution to why I can't. Ha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a faculty member who will be using some of the information in a discussion activity on a test, and he would like to make sure the students can't just open another window on the test and copy and paste. He does not want to use proctoring. Does ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why are my registered students not showing up in this tab? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open the grade tabs in one of my class it shows a blue circle indicating that a new assignment has been graded. I've opened all my assignments and nothing new has been graded. How do I get rid of it? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor.Canvas grades are incorrect when averaging.  Say the course grade is the average of 5 tests:  78.7%, 42.86%,90%,82.5%,68.42%.  When I average these numbers it comes to 72.5.  However Canvas shows it as 76.12%.  All of my grades ar...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to understand the process that governs the deletion of courses.When I send a course and section file to Canvas that contains a class that is to be deleted, then I expect that class to be deleted.  It seems like that is usually what happen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a free account, independent of any institution, but I lost the button in dashboard form creating a new course. Is there any way for me to recover this ability?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies