Course invite not showing- pending status remains

Jump to solution
JulesDaniel
Community Member

Hello. My colleague who is an instructor on our Canvas account added me and some other folks as faculty (user roles including designers, instructors and TAs). None of us have received the notification prompting us to join the course but all of our statuses still say "pending" despite never receiving an invite. Do you know if the course has to be published before we can access the course? I was added to the "growing with Canvas" course and did not have any issues accessing that one, but the other course is nowhere to be found. This is for a training program that is launching on August 1 so we are trying to hash out all of these issues prior to the date so the faculty can have plenty of time to familiarize themselves in the system, before the students. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
SamOHanlon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello, @JulesDaniel!

These is sometimes a delay between sending the invites in Canvas and receiving the invite email. If you still have not received it, check your spam folder. Another option would be to ask your colleague for the course URL. When you open the link and log in to Canvas, you will be asked to accept the course invite.

I hope that helps!

invite.png

This response was created by one of Instructure’s PandaPros. All Canvas and Mastery Connect users are encouraged to schedule a free 1:1 coaching session between July 18 and September 18, 2022. Learn more by reading our blog!

View solution in original post

0 Likes