Courses on the Dashboard

Jump to solution
AidenWeaver
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to move my courses around in the dashboard! Any help is appreciated!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

@AidenWeaver -

I just confirmed on firefox (I am assuming that chrome is the same way) that as an instructor I can rearrange my dashboard, but as a student I cannot.  I use chrome, but I have several scripts enabled that I did not want to turn off and try in student mode in chrome - which is why I tried firefox.

according to this guide page on the student dashboard, you should be able to drag and drop the classes.

I tried the move option (click on the ellipses for a course and select move) - that did not work in student view either.  So from the student guide pages, it says you can move the courses on the dashboard, but operation wise it is not working currently.

My suggestion is to contact your Canvas admins at your school and list everything you have tried in rearranging your dashboard.  Ask them if they can duplicate the issue and if so if they would contact Canvas support.

It sounds like there is now an issue with where I am assuming there wasn't one for you earlier.

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi everyone...  so I checked with one of the Canvas Community Managers, and she said that it should be possible for students to move the course cards around on the Dashboard...as detailed on this Guide:

How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

She suggested that you contact Canvas Support about this ... because it's not functioning as it should.

How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

Hopefully this will get resolved soon for students.

View solution in original post