Cross list sectionS with my course

Jump to solution
NikeaPittman
Community Member

Hello, 

I would like to cross list 2 lab sections into my course. When I go to the settings page & click the "Sections" tab, I do not see the lab sections listed there. I heard in the instructions video that I need to enroll in both sections before cross-listing. However, if the sections are visible on my dashboard does that mean that I'm already enrolled in the sections? If not, how do I enroll in the sections?

Thanks for your help,

Nikea 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @NikeaPittman, if you can see both courses listed on your Dashboard that means two things: you are enrolled in both and cross-listing has not occurred. From your question, it sounds like you want to cross-list each of those courses with a third course. To do that, go to the Settings page of each of the lab courses, select the Sections tab, select the section name, and then select the button to "Cross-List this Section." The Canvas Guides document provides details:

How do I cross-list a section in a course as an in... - Instructure Community

You will know that cross-listing is successful in two ways. One is the original course that housed the cross-listed section has disappeared. The other is the course where the section was moved will list all sections (original plus any that were cross-listed) on the Sections tab of its Settings page.

View solution in original post