De-cross-list without anyone who is enrolled in original course after original course disappeared

Jump to solution
george_keel
Community Explorer

Hello,

I was hoping I did not have to go through the process of moving each student individually from one course to another course later in the program. 

• I googled "how to move students from one course to another in canvas"
  • The first link that came up said "Move a section of students from one course to another"
  • The link said "the process of moving the enrollment from one or more courses in another on Canvas is referred to as cross-listing."
  • I followed the six-step instructions, and everything appeared to work.
  • But then I noticed that the original course had completely disappeared.
  • No other teachers in the original course can see the original course anymore
  • After more googling, I found that the only way to solve this is to de-cross-link the original course.
  • But, I only see the option to re-cross-link the original course.
  • I found another canvas support page that said: "If you cannot view the De-Cross-List this Section button, you no longer have an enrollment in the original course. For assistance in de-cross-listing a section, please contact your Canvas admin."
  • I contacted our Canvas admin at our university, and she had never heard of cross-listing.
  • I walked her through the instructions for de-cross-listing, and she also could only see an option to re-cross-list
  • I then contacted our course administrator for both courses who was registered the course administrator in Canvas for both courses.
  • I walked her through the process over teams, and she also could only seen an option to re-cross-list.
  • So essentially in simply trying to move students from one course to another in an efficient way, I have managed to completely erase the original course to where no one else can see that it ever existed.
  • Is there anyone that can help me on this?

Many thanks for taking the time to read!

Best,

George

0 Likes
1 Solution
george_keel
Community Explorer

Hello, we have found an expert at our university who somehow had administrative rights to the course who was able to de-cross-link the course. The situation is now completely resolved. Thanks o anyone who was in the process of looking into this!

View solution in original post