Deleted a page that I need to get back

Jump to solution
HeatherThiessen
Community Member

I accidentally just deleted a page and I need to recover it. Is that possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @HeatherThiessen ...

It's possible that you might be able to recover your content.  There's a blog from @hollands called Undeleting things in Canvas that I'd recommend you first read and try out.

If that does not work, you *might* be able to log into your school's "test" or "beta" Canvas environments to see if those content pages exist there...in which case you could copy/paste the contents from either of those environments back into your course in the "production" environment.  For context, your "production" environment is the Canvas environment that you normally would log into on a day to day basis.  The "test" and "beta" environments are completely separate from your "production" environment.  Here are some Guides on what these are:

Once you are finished checking either of these environments, be sure that you are logged out of "test" or "beta" so that you are only using the "production" environment.  (It can be easy to get confused as to which environment you're working in ... as I've had that happen to me in the past.)

How do I log out of Canvas as an instructor?

Hopefully one of these options will work for you.  Please let us know here in the Community if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post