Deleting last summer's course information and add mine as professor

Jump to solution
blakeb
Community Member

I start teaching a new summer course tomorrow and no one seems to know how to delete last year's (different instructor) syllabus, modules, etc. so I can populate with my own files.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @blakeb 

Are you using your school's Canvas instance?  If so, then the process is very dependent on your school's course creation policies.  A large percentage of schools do not re-use existing course shells, but create new course shells for each new course section and term.  This allows students data to be retained for previous courses, among other things.  So, you will really want to contact the Help Desk at your school to confirm whether the previous course shell is supposed to be reused, or whether you are getting a new course in Canvas for the new term.

However, if you are supposed to be reusing the existing course shell, or if you have material from the previous summer's course that was copied over to your current course shell, you can do a course reset to clear the content.  See https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-reset-course-content/ta-p/1136 

View solution in original post

0 Likes