Different Closure Dates and/or Group Settings...

AmySasser
Community Member

Hello, all! I am teaching high school students, all in one Canvas course, some of whom have extended time on assignments. I am strict about late work, so I set my assignments to close at a certain time using the "Available Until" function. However, for those with extra time, I need to add a day to that. I thought I'd found the solution by building a group and listing it as a group assignment, but with individual grading. However, when any student from my "Extra Time" group turns in work, even though it's grading individually, it "takes the spot" for that assignment, so others look and it seems to be already submitted. Is there a way around this?

The only other solution I've found is quite tedious: manually enter every name that has extra time on every assignment every time. I have 39 students who need this accommodation, so I'd have to enter all 39 names for every assignment rather than just assigning it to one "group" of Extra Time students.

When I'm filling in the "Assign To" section, it only gives me my groups if I say it's a group assignment, but on a group assignment, one person turning it in uses the spot.... I feel like there HAS to be a better way, that I'm missing something....

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes