cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilan

Differentiated Assignments for Groups of Students

Is it possible to assign different version of assignments to individual student without having to enter each student's name manually?  I have 21 students who need modified assignments and 160 that do not and don't want to manually enter each name each time I assign both a modified and non-modified version of an assignment.

I have previously used Schoology which allowed me to pre-set groups that then sent assigned version to the individual in that group.  

I want to be able to assign modified work privately and not let students see who is or is not in a modified or grade level assignment groups.    Suggestions welcome.

If no solution, Canvas: can this be a feature you would considering adding? 

Thanks,

Anne (SS teacher with 181 kids online!)

3 Replies
rtincoff
Community Participant

I saw that a similar case was asked about back in 2015. This is so needed!

omahahomeschool
Community Member

Why does Canvas have the mojo of government agency?

KarenPhoenix

Has there been any word about this? I have the same type of situation--students had the option to chose from 2 "Active Reading" assignments, and I don't want to go through and add/subtract 350 students from each of the almost 25 assignments. (that's about 3 hours of checking and unchecking boxes). I also don't want to go through and exclude grades for each student depending on their various assignments. (that's about 1.5 hours of checking boxes)