Discussion Post Draft Deleting

Jump to solution
Laurleo
Community Novice

A major design flaw with Canvas is that it will save your progress on a discussion post so that you can access it later until it randomly decides to delete it. I find it incredibly frustrating that I completed a discussion post days ago and it had saved everything I typed on there so I thought I would wait a few days to post. Now all of my work is deleted, thanks for nothing Canvas! What is the point of saving the drafts for a limited time??????? Also, if you are only going to save my draft for a few days, maybe tell me that so I don't come back to post it and find that everything I wrote is now gone!!!! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Laurleo ...

I am sorry to hear of your frustration with the Rich Content Editor (RCE) where you were typing your discussion reply...but then it disappeared from your view.  Canvas documentation does state that if you navigate away from a page where you are typing text, it stores the text in the browser cache for one day.  Here's that reference for you:

How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content E... - Instructure Community - 322 (canvaslms.com)

In particular, read the section about 3/4 down the screen under "View Auto-Saved Content".

If you reload or navigate away from a page while editing content in the Rich Content Editor, Canvas automatically saves your content in the browser cache for up to one day. When you reload the page or navigate back to the page you were editing, Canvas displays a message indicating that auto-saved content exists. You can preview the content, discard the content, or load the content into the Rich Content Editor.

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps in some way.

View solution in original post