Discussion Re-submission Notifications in To Do List

Jump to solution
katieb1
Community Participant

My students turn in homework via the discussion board. If they don't meet the requirements, they are allowed to resubmit. I used to get notifications (in my to do list) when students resubmitted to discussions- but I don't any more. I don't want to get notifications for every first submission (because that would be insane). I've thought about leaving the assignments ungraded, but that doesn't quite work either- I want students to be notified. 

Is there a way to be notified when a students submits a previously graded assignment? Where'd this feature go?  

1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

There was a similar question that was added to the Community in 2018When a student resubmits in a discussion, the assignment does not show up in my to do list to grade.... I think this could be a good feature idea!

Currently, I ask that students leave me a submission comment when they have added more to their discussion. That notification is sent to my email, and it's much simpler than subscribing to every contribution. While it places a little additional responsibility on the students, it works pretty well. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes