Discussions

Jump to solution
RheySolomon
Community Member

I can't figure out how to separate responses to individual questions within a Discussion topic.  In Blackboard, Students reply to each question in the discussion with a separate "Thread" for that question. I have 3-5 questions for each discussion topic,. But I cannot figure out how to have the student responses organized as "Threads" for each questions.  I appears that all answers apply to all questions-- how do I separate a "thread" for each questions-- or do I have to create a separate discussion for each question?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
chadscott
Community Contributor
nwilson7
Community Champion

@RheySolomon to add on to what @chadscott said...I think you are going to want to do it by having the initial post be something generic like "Comment on each of the three questions I pose below" and then respond to your own post with each question (so if you have 3 questions you would respond 3 times).  Then with the feature enabled that Chad recommended, this will create your threads.  Otherwise, you are correct that you would need to create different discussions for each question.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post